Enlightened Youth
Welcome :] Please login.
Enlightened Youth
Welcome :] Please login.
Enlightened Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To bring like minded individuals who are on their spiritual journey together to share information, experiences and knowledge. Because knowledge is power. Love and Light to all.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I would love for everyone to participate in this-

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
a$hley.

I would love for everyone to participate in this- Empty
PostSubject: I would love for everyone to participate in this-   I would love for everyone to participate in this- Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:47 am

This should be fun...

Please define "stupidity".
Or, "What is stupid?"

Take a moment and think about it, what is stupidity?
I've thought about it a lot. I will post my answer after I see a few others.
Back to top Go down
Serendipity.

PostSubject: Stupidity.   I would love for everyone to participate in this- Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:02 pm

In a way I think stupidity and ignorance go hand in hand.
Ignorance is not knowing and stupidity is knowing, but not using the information/knowledge that you have available to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/la_vie_eternelle333
a$hley.

PostSubject: Re: I would love for everyone to participate in this-   I would love for everyone to participate in this- Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:02 pm

I think that when I started to think about what stupidity really is, I took it to a whole new level. I think stupidity is the taboo of human race. I mean, look how taboo this topic is. No one else wants to participate because it's too out there and no one really knows how to answer. It's one of those things that is undefined yet defined, conscious yet unconscious. Stupidity is a flaw in the design of human nature. Everyone is affected by it, everyone is effected by it. There is no argument because stupidity is an opinion and everyone has an opinion. I think stupidity is ever more rampant now because we have lost a crucial part of ourselves. Somewhere we have gone wrong and we have began to believe that we are all. We are the rulers. Yet we are not. We are so small.

I mean, I know I always take things to a whole new level when I think about it, but serious have you ever thought about how much man wants to rely only on man? Let's take the medical marijuana debate. I can't think of a better example of the mentality of our medical community other than Harold & Kumar when he simply asks "Why?" Why would you use medical marijuana for the many things that it is known to prevent, reduce, deminish? Man didn't make it, it's not something that we invented, not something we can really alter and take credit for. It is what it is, a plant that has the ability to help man without involving man other than to use it. Who cares if our entire nation is addicted to taking a pill and "getting better" (and by getting better I mean getting rid of the most prevalent and bothersome symptom) yet dying of some other incredibly insane side effect. Sorry..that's my chiropractic holistic medicine ramble for you.

But seriously, back to the stupidity topic, doesn't that make more sense? To me it does, because it really does affect everyone yet no one ever really talks about it except to point out something someone else is doing that is 'stupid'. It's got to be part of our current human nature.
Back to top Go down
Firefly

Firefly

PostSubject: Re: I would love for everyone to participate in this-   I would love for everyone to participate in this- Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:40 am

[quote="Serendipity."]In a way I think stupidity and ignorance go hand in hand.
Ignorance is not knowing and stupidity is knowing, but not using the information/knowledge that you have available to you.[/quote] Actually Kittybunny, its sort of in a way the other way around. Stupidity is not being able to grasp a concept. And ignorance is understanding the concept but not applying the information to their life. Like a stupid kid won't know that touching the stove will burn their hand. But an ignorant kid who knows the stove will burn their hand, will touch the stove anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://firefly-forreal.tumblr.com
Serendipity.

PostSubject: Backwards.   I would love for everyone to participate in this- Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:02 am

I have a tendency to get things backwards. My teacher explained it the other day, because he called a kid ignorant and he got upset with him. The way he explained it was that ignorance isn't a bad thing. That he was ignorant when it comes to cooking because he knows nothing about the subject.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/la_vie_eternelle333
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would love for everyone to participate in this-   I would love for everyone to participate in this- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I would love for everyone to participate in this-
Page 1 of 1