Enlightened Youth
Welcome :] Please login.
Enlightened Youth
Welcome :] Please login.
Enlightened Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To bring like minded individuals who are on their spiritual journey together to share information, experiences and knowledge. Because knowledge is power. Love and Light to all.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenGuy

Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer Empty
PostSubject: Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer   Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Have you heard the plans by our government to create a new censored internet - much like what they are already doing in Communist China? There was a bill sent to congress in April of 2009 (you can read about it here http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93966) It was introduced by Senator Jay Rockefeller - Democrat from West Virgina (you can view the introduction here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCkCWxv3kUE)

On February 16, 2010 there will be a staged 'attack' on many key internet systems in the US (article here http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20100210/pl_usnw/DC53182) in order to determine if the US government would be ready for "terrorism" on the internet - It is believed that this event will be the platform (excuse) needed to propel that bill into law.

Please, keep an eye on this one, act accordingly - essentially what is being said is that our current internet will be shut down and new one, called 'Internet 2' will take it's place - It will be an internet that is completely controlled by government, one in which websites will be censored and taken off and your activity will not only be monitored, but you could be fined for saying the wrong thing. It may even go so far as declaring that you must have a permit to create a website and a license to view them, depending how the wording of the bill is interpreted.
Back to top Go down
vgmkyle

vgmkyle

PostSubject: Re: Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer   Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Fuck that!
Back to top Go down
Firefly

Firefly

PostSubject: History on repeat   Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:35 am

Okay look, yes this is very scary. I am definitely terrified of this bill being passed. But listen, even if it does get passed, it won't be long before it is repealed because there are obviously tons of discrepancies. It is in no way Constitutional. If it does get passed, a big group will rally and a major court case will take place and go all the way to the Supreme Court and it will be repealed. A judge will deem it unconstitutional and say that it is inappropriate for the government to control our internet. And it will be documented so teenagers ten years from now can read about it in their history textbooks and have to memorize the name of the case for their political science classes.

Honestly, if you think about it, this bill being passed is the least of our problems.
Back to top Go down
http://firefly-forreal.tumblr.com
Serendipity.

PostSubject: All they want is control.   Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm

But I believe that they will not get everything that they want. For a while I've been fearful for what the government is going to present to us, but after careful thinking I realize that a majority of their plans will somehow backfire and kick them in the face. There are so many people in this world who would begin to rally against the policies that they want to pass. They dont want mass chaos. Or maybe thats what they want, but I dont think they will realize what they will be starting. They arent ready for that, they never will be.

The wrong people are all in power...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/la_vie_eternelle333
a$hley.

PostSubject: Re: Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer   Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:14 pm

I don't necessarily agree. Taxes are unconstitutional. Martial Law is unconstitutional. Imminent domain is unconstitutional. There are so many things that the government has been able to maintain whether or not it is unconstituional. The fact is, WE HAVE LITTLE TO NO SAY. We are represented by the senators and representatives, and most of them have the same idealistic point of view as the US Government. I mean, after all it was introduced by a senator. In fact, they may declare Martial Law on it, being that we are, presently, in a time of war (real or not). I mean, there have already been many cases where there has been somewhat of terrorism already on the internet. Anyone hear about the national webpage for autisim? People from like Japan (please don't quote me, I'm making a very uneducated guess on the actual place) or something hacked the site, and made the home page a flashing strobe image. Also, I believe I remember hearing something about the Russians being able to hack in to our power grid, or that there was information found showing they had planned to do something like that. Something! Either way, the US Government does not have any intentions to keep things constitutional. Most of you seem to think that the masses will realize and rise up. Truth is, they're not. Most people don't even care. Chances are, Internet2 will probably include most of the sites that the masses visit frequently, that way they can avoid a revolt. The sites that are most likely going to be blocked are ones such as this, or other alternative information sites. Most people don't care about this stuff. They care about money, work, themselves. The 'standard'. Hopefully things WILL change, if we change them. Just know that YOU have to change it, you cannot rely on everyone else to change it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer   Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internet 2 - Coming soon to your home and office computer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enlightened Youth :: Safe Mode[posts]-
Jump to: